Friday, October 5, 2007

DJ Mekalek, "Moodswings" Beat Mix



Glow Like This Podcast # 4 is a digital blast from the past. Time Machine’s producer/DJ and Glow-in-the-Dark Records’ co-owner/ radio promoter/ recording and mixing engineer/ accounting wizard Mekalek hits us with the instrumental onslaught, “Moodswings”. Here’s what he has to say about it:

This podcast is hands down the most popular mix that I’ve ever done to date (I intend to change that in 2008 tho’). I had started this tape(!) in early 1999 and took so long that it wasn’t finished until sometime in 2000. Over 150 instrumentals in 3 sections (medium, fast, slow), all blended together and featuring guest-hosting appearances by my younger brother when he was just a little tike. From the days when I was known just as DJ Mek (whatup other Mek!) and beats were much more raw, enjoy this mix while playing video games, relaxing, spitting venom, or if you just wanna hear some purity in a world of chaos. The skills are tolerable, but cut me some slack, it’s 8 years old! Part 2 coming sometime soon…

-mek

DOWNLOAD

Yo don't forget to peep:
DJ Mekalek's Myspace page AND
GlowLikeThis.com, which features more Podcasts, videos, and general good stuff!

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is a beat that starts up at 15:35. It brings back mad memories. What song is that sampled from?

Anonymous said...

man, THANK YOU SO MUCH for this! !
can't wait for part two.

Anonymous said...

I think that I heard your mix in Polish radio, there are RJD2 De L'alouette and nice scratch.Is this your mix Mek?? I'm wait for part 2